Friday, July 18, 2008

Motor


Took the motor to a shop near South Hill, VA. It is a 1970, ouch! The gentleman said there were plenty of this model working on small rent shops over the nation and it was a strong motor. He asked how long it had been out of the water, which I have not idea, but guess around six years. Mr. Allen said the for sure the water pump and carb would need replacing, but would call me with an idea. Given a new motor is $1500, I think a few hundred in in line.

Put a thread out on sailnet to get a conversation going on O'Day 22. Nothing yet, what the hay. Just want to get as much info as possible.

Family member text me, they are on the way to Tangier up the bay. I miss the saltwater, especially my 416 (picture), with my son and wife, oh well.

Target date is still 2/09

No comments: