Monday, July 21, 2008

Heavy Weight Solution











Could not do much this weekend, my levels went to 310 due probably to all the sugar and carbs I ate. However, did take a picture of the forward berth I have been working on. The first thing was to West the side rails that the berth rest. Just to make sure there were not screw holes that may take moisture. Since, there was a board, perhaps a fir strip, running from the bow to the back of the forward berth to support the two pieces of the plywood berth, there was no way that could whole two folks sleeping there, much less one. I decided to put a bulkhead in. The top is flush with the rails, so to adjust I added a movable slat that can be cut to fit the exact height of the berths. May not look good, but I have seen this done at boatyard on large vessels. Tabbed in the bulkhead with a gap of around 1/8" for flex in hull. Now to cut the berths.



To follow up a prior photo of the tabernacle and plates that I had fabricated, here is another picture. The holes on the side will be used as the point for blocks for the head sail furler and main.

No comments: