Sunday, September 30, 2007

Supplies and removing remaining wood- September 30, 2007

Other events have taken up my time and the project has been secondary. However, I have made some ground on materials that were needed. Picked up basis items at Lowe's', sandpaper, masks, acetone, 0000 steel wool, fine blades for jig saw and bees wax. The later was to be butcher wax recommended by Shannon who works with Pat on the weekends at E-Stitches. The latter was not available so I purchased some bee wax to put on the bottom of the sled of the jig saw. This will keep the wood from being scared.

I called West Marine and ordered items. Interior paint, varnish (satin), West System expoy. Cost was around $170.00. Having registered as a new boat owner at the Virginia Beach WM, received an additional 10% off, plus shipping was $1.05, not bad.

I have taken all the interior wood, save the bulkhead. There I have a post in place ready to remove the existing bulkhead. Pat and I discussed the interior. She suggested that I replace the vinyl with a white somewhat rough feel. She said that when back in Raleigh would look for.

No comments: