Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Decision MDO vs Marine plywood - September 12, 2007

I am going to have to replace the bulkhead at some point. After taking and writing, listening and reading. I think the best choice is to use marine plywood. I want to cover that with veneer, what I don't know yet. So that decision is made. Moving on. Once I have the entire boat clean, except for areas that was no way to get to (beneath the cockpit where foam is located and the stern below the cockpit that I cannot reach.)

I am stopping inside and go outside to do below the water line. My plan is to do the same as I have with all my prior boats. Sand or scrap down to the gel coat, get it smooth and fiberglass where I need to, I hope there is none. Then seal the bottom with two coats of good expoy, like Interlux.

Next, I will do a pressure test of the deck, sealing all area to allow the pressure to build up inside and water with Joy, slowing watching for bubbles.

This is when the work will start.

No comments: