Monday, August 13, 2007

Punch list for trip - August 13, 2007

As I proceed with this adventure, I plan to do a number of punch list and attempt to accomplish in a reasonable length of time. Mindful of my responsibilities at work and my goal to help as many children as possible. Then a balance has to fallen on my responsibilities, naturally.

So if I stop, it is because I am not bored, but need to focus on job while at home. Such as tonight, I needed to speak to a parent regarding a possible placement. That taken care of, I can continue

The first thing was get the truck ready. Given that it used in the business and pulls trailer, brakes wear out often. In fact at 189,000 miles we have had five sets of rotors, which have been turned 9 times. At $200 a shot for rotors and $60 for turning, that's a bite. Next an oil change. This vehicle is a F250 7.3 4x4 diesel, it takes 15 quarts every 3,000 miles. Pat does that in 5 weeks. These will be done while at work.

I need 2 inch ball for the trailer, check. Pat's business trailer uses a 3.5 inch ball. Also I need two receivers, two inch and a four inch, check. Next is a grease gun, check; a floor jack, check; a four way lug tool, check; and a larger pipe wrench, check; and a lock for the trailer, check.

So much for this evening. I need to take my nine meds and go to sleep.

Cost was absorbed by business as to work to vehicle. Would have needed anyway. But it was $400.00

No comments: