Saturday, August 18, 2007

Picking up Boat - August 18, 2007

My son had planned to join me, but that did not happen. So I left after work on the 16th to drive to Nashville, in hopes that I would not need to go any further. The trip down was at night arriving a hotel at 2:30AM, with the help of the local police. At 8:00 AM on the 17th I got the call and pick up would be here.

At 11:30 AM the transfer was made and I was on the way back. The longest run was from Nashville to Knoxville. I stopped at each reststop to check the trailer. The surprise came at 6:00 PM in Wytheville, VA. The eye on the boat to hook to trailer pulled out. At the rest stop before Wytheville, there was no problem. I surmised that I had to use what I had with me. Using the straps I had, I hooked the bow cleats to the trailer and put a strap across the bow hooking to each side of trailer.

The next four hours were slow, given I did not go above 45 MPH on I-81 to Roanoke then Route 220 to 58 East.

No problems with the boat trailer. It worked with the straps. Having come thru three states over 13 hours, the only unexpected stop was three miles from the house. The local sheriff deputy patrolling pulled me over adn question why my blinkers were on and the trailer was not registered to me. I explained, and off I went to home.

Chris and Pat were there to help back the trailer into the driveway. but we have to park on a neigbhor curb. ( He came out at 2:45 to see what the noise was.)

Today when Pat returned from Raleigh, I moved to the one of our driveways.

Cost to move. $350.00

I am still tired....

No comments: