Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Insurance, Chains, Tools - August 15, 2007


I have placed an application with BoatUS for insurance on the boat and trailer. Nationwide, my home and car insurer, would not insure on the road just in water. I had BoatUS and SeaTow on the 416 and the classic. I came in handy in a cold November a number of years ago off Solomons in the middle of the night. That story is for some other time.

So the boat insurance is $90 per year compared to the $500 we paid for the 416. The insurance is for replacement value. I bought some chains since I am not sure what we will find at pick up. And, I gathered up tools to take. Chris came over for dinner this evening and helped with sending info to the insurance company. He appears to be excited in that he will have a boat to sail soon, though he amazed how I found this boat.

The rotors on the F350 were turned, wheels rotated, oil/filter and fuel filter changed. Taking assorted tools and ropes and etc., to make me free better should problems arise.

Ok, that it for now...I hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.