Tuesday, June 3, 2008

To Cut Out or Not To Cut Out, Is That The Question?







Having looked at the options for the sole. After considering whether to cut out the sole given that I plan to install teak and holly or hydrocore marine plywood. This would be a waste of time. The port for the bilge did not give a good view of the condition, so I cut an equal port over the bilge 12" from the existing. Of course my drimel stopping working ( will send back and they will replace) but I found that indeed there is delamiation. But to the degree it is not as bad as it could be. Will need to glass the bilge which makes sense after cleaning out. Should not be a problem.

Also I am attaching a pictures of a few of the areas that I'm working on. I am not a great with a camera. The first is that of the port aft berth. The berth itself was replaced with 5/8 marine plywood with Cetol coat, four coats of varish will come later. The opening will have a door so that I can get back to the stern (tight fit). The center is that of the bulkhead fiting on the port center with 5/8 hydocore marine plywood (looks like teak.) This picture is before four coats of varnish was applied, now is looks like a miror. The last is where glassed in area for stainless plate on top of a new teak compression post. The post will have a base also made of stainless. For now I have a jacked post in that area. More to come when things hopefully continue to come along.

No comments: