Monday, August 18, 2008











I need to further tweak. Placed in bow the foam, in front of the installed bulkhead. When I tore out the prior berths, there was rot and water damage on the very front. This came from the vent above on deck. (I am turning deck vent into opening for chain and rode). So, with the drain, and West the area, I will have a well for that water will drain to the bilge via a 1/14" clear reinforced hose. Used 5/8" marine grade plywood for berths, sealed with Cetrol and four coats of satin varnish. The tweaking comes from that when tied, the two pieces are level. But the rails become to lower. I marked a red line around both berths and being added shims that will be West in. During the work levels spiked again to 300. One reason may be I forgot to get refills for the six pills taken. In a few weeks, will have a birthday, almost 60. No way, I cannot fathom that age. I will say, this piddling with the boat is demanding, given there is not blueprint and all needs to be done by continous thinking.


No comments: